Renters United is focused on changing laws to make renting better for everyone. We don’t provide support with particular renting situations. However, others do – for help with your own renting or living situation here are some places you can turn to for support:
Got a question about your rights?
- Tenancy Services – The Government website for tenants and landlords. Hotline 0800 836 262. www.tenancy.govt.nz
- Rentbot.nz – Ask this chatbot anything about renting, including law changes due to lockdown.
- A guide for how renting laws are changing: https://www.tenancy.govt.nz/law-changes/
- Citizen’s Advice Bureau – ask any question by phone, email or chat, and check out their website. 0800 367 222, www.cab.org.nz/find-a-cab/contact-us
- Community Law website: communitylaw.org.nz/community-law-manual/chapter-23-tenancy-and-housing/tenancy-and-housing/
Need help to sort a specific problem?
- Contact your local Community Law for advocacy/advice: communitylaw.org.nz/our-law-centres
- Contact a tenants’ advocacy service:
- Tenants Protection Association Christchurch, (03) 379-2297 or www.tpa.org.nz/contact.
- Tenants Protection Association Auckland, (09) 360 1473 or email email@example.com.
- Manawatu Tenants Union – 06 357 7435 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. www.mtu.org.nz.
- For students:
Depressed, anxious, panicky or stressed?
- In an emergency call 111.
- Lifeline 0800 543 345 or text HELP (4357)
- Call or text 1737 to speak to a trained counsellor for free.
- For advice on looking after your mental health during COVID-19 and beyond: www.mentalhealth.org.nz/get-help/covid-19/top-tips-to-get-through/.
Need help with food or other necessities?
- Find a food bank in your area: www.foodbank.co.nz/foodbanks